Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Ouch

I've been riding my PR high for the last couple days, but there was definitely an issue with the run. It has nothing to do with my previous surgery -- that felt fine. However, my foot started hurting something fierce -- on the arch, right below/behind my big toe. My guess is that it has to do with the way my feet are over-pronated, so I got some inserts for my shoes with every intention of trying them out this morning. Which was a great plan... until I actually woke up this morning.

I woke up, and my knee is hurting. This is actually nothing new -- it's been hurting since a neighborhood football game several years ago -- but the race seems to have put an additional strain on it. But it comes and goes, and I'm sure it'll be OK come tomorrow. Plus, when I woke up, I heard thunder outside. That's just not a way to get me to move at 6:00.

So, here I am, waiting for my next run. If I get a chance tonight, I might head out for a few miles -- especially since this is the last "cool" day we'll have for a while (the high is only in the 80's). We are planning on going to the gym nice and early tomorrow, so that'll be fun.

Oh, and the official start of the training program for my marathon is Saturday morning. It's almost real.

Oy.

No comments: