Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I lived up to my end of the deal

Yep, I promised I would run either last night or this morning. Well, last night, I ended up putting together a little workbench so that tonight, we could finish the project of putting closets together. Needless to say, I didn't run then. And tonight's going to be ugly, since my wife's closet is a huuuuuuge mess. Which is rather odd for her, being as anal retentive as she is. But that's neither here nor there.

Since I didn't run last night, I forced myself to run this morning. The alarm went off at 6:30, and I finally got up and started moving at around 6:50. I like sleep. I'm not ashamed of that. I can be good at getting up early again, but it doesn't look like it'll happen this week. In any case, I got up and started my run late... about 7:10. It was a little cooler than I expected at that time (about 74 degrees when I left the house), but that wouldn't last.

My legs were really tight. Especially my hamstrings. It got better as the run went on, but my breathing was somewhat labored the whole time, too. I need to remember to take a shot of Serevant before getting out on the road. But, what's important, is that I ran the whole thing. 3.2 miles. No walking at all. That made me at least a little happy, even when after the run, when my legs started crying. Seriously -- I heard sobbing coming from my hamstrings. At least, I think that's where it came from. I can't really put my ear down there to find out.

Oh, when I got back home, it was 80 degrees. I definitely need to start running earlier.

In any case, I finally ran 5K+, just in time to give me a little shot of adrenaline going into the 5K this Saturday night. I might not finish in under 30 minutes (which is my end goal), but I'll finish, and I'll finish strong.

Trivia: The last time I ran the full 5K distance was in April, before my leg problems showed up. It only took three months to get back where I was.

3 comments:

Jason said...

Just finish the 5k man...don't worry about times (especially if you're coming back from an injury).

Good Luck!!

Runner Leana said...

I second Jason! Way to go on getting your run in, and in the morning too. I'm sure you will do great this weekend. Just make sure to go out there and have fun!

Bill said...

I think I may have been unclear... I'm definitely not worried about my time this weekend. I'm with you guys -- it doesn't matter, so long as it's fun!