Monday, July 16, 2007

It's been a long weekend

Let me just start by saying... I hate redeyes.

My flight out of San Diego didn't leave SD until 6:55pm (PDT) -- sadly, the meeting was complete before 11AM. And I couldn't find any earlier flights, so I went to one of my favorite restaurants... and had much beer. Finally, I ended up going back to the airport... and had much beer. I got to Phoenix nice and early for my next flight, which left at 11:15 to arrive in Atlanta at 6:00 the next morning... and had much beer. I think I was hoping that I'd be able to sleep and that would make me all sorts of happy for the next day.

I was wrong.

I did sleep on the flights, at least as much as I could. However, I got back home and was dead tired. At the same time, my wife was planning on throwing one of her coworkers a birthday party that afternoon (one of those no-guys-allowed things), so I stayed up until just before the party and locked myself in the bedroom to sleep. And I woke up at about 8:00 that night, had some dinner, watched some TV, and went back to bed (after biting the inside of my cheek really hard). I figure I went back to bed sometime after 11, and we woke up the next morning close to 10.

And I was still exhausted.

And we had errands to run.

So, we jumped in the car, got some coffee, stopped by Lowe's, unloaded, went to Target, tried to find a lunch place that was open, had lunch, went home, measured the closets, created a plan for new closet organization spaces, went back to Lowe's to get the closet workings, and headed home.

Now, most sane people I know wouldn't start on a weekend project of reorganizing their closets at 8:30PM on a Sunday. I am not most people, and I am definitely not sane. Start I did. Now, my wife suggested we start with my closet, since it would be easier, so we emptied out my closet, put together all the crap, put it in the closet, loaded everything back up, and it all worked wonderfully. And it only took three hours or so -- which wasn't bad. However, that meant it was now 11:30 at night, and we were just starting to get ready for bed. And I'm still all worked up -- to the point I was simply not able to sleep. Until about 3AM. I think I screwed up my internal clock pretty royally.

Needless to say, I did not run today. I may run tonight to get used to the heat so I can run the 5K this Saturday night. But damn, I'm tired. I promise I will run either tonight or tomorrow morning, though!

1 comment:

Darcey said...

Honey, it takes more than a single day to get over jet lag. That wasn't getting geared up from closet-organizing (though good on both of you -- was just telling your wifey that I need to do some purging soon enough), that was the fact you had just been on the West Coast and your body thought it was only midnight.