Saturday, July 7, 2007

Another beautiful Saturday morning

This morning, I decided to try another route. I've actually run it before, and it's pretty close to 5K length, but I took a couple wrong turns the last time, which made that run more like 3.5 miles. Well, I did it again. Not so bad as last time, but I took a wrong turn again and turned it into 3.3 miles.

I also changed some things up for this morning. I was thinking that it's been a while since I actually ran a complete mile, so I decided to give it a try. I ran the first mile in just about 10 minutes (I don't know what the exact split is -- I obviously didn't know the route well enough).

Still, it felt pretty good. The first mile was fine... and I was taking it pretty easy the whole time. After the first mile, I switched back to a 3 minute run/1 minute walk trek. However, by the time the third mile came along, I was getting pretty tired, and I'm starting to notice that when I get tired, my form definitely starts to suffer. I start running much heavier and flatter. I'm trying to make sure to work on that -- anyone have any suggestions?

No comments: