Monday, June 4, 2007

Speeding down the long, slow road

First, there's good news... I had my staples taken out this morning, and got the pathology report on the mass that was excised from my leg, and it was a thrombosed ateriovenous malformation. And what's important to know about that is that it's not something to worry about anymore. The doc said that it's good it was removed, because it would recur and tend to get worse, so now I should be fine... as soon as I heal.

Speaking of that, I know that I said I was going to try to go slow on the recovery, but the bug bit me yesterday. My lovely wife was going out to play golf, and I wanted to try it, too -- my leg hadn't been hurting much at all with a fair amount of walking around, so I thought it would be fine. Unfortunately, it started hurting, and I quit in the middle of the par-5 6th. The wife closed out her nine holes, with me as chauffeur.

Now, granted, it was pretty dumb to try to play golf when I still had staples in my leg. But, to be fair, it was that beautiful we-just-had-a-tropical-storm-go-through-and-everything-is-so-pretty-now kind of day.

Still... other than the extra pain yesterday, I'm feeling pretty good! Losing the staples was a big thing. I'll have to post another picture in a few days to show how it's healing.

No comments: