Monday, June 11, 2007

A New Beginning

Today marks the beginning of a number of things when it comes to my training:
  • First time I actually went to the gym in the morning (in my past life, I would always go in the afternoon)
  • First time since the surgery that I did a full workout
  • And... the beginning of my getting serious about working out
That's right. Today, I start in earnest towards getting back into good shape, so I can start my solid training for the marathon next month. Today's workout included:
  • 20 minutes walking on the treadmill (1.25 mi)
  • Weight training (mostly upper body, but leg press was in there, too)
  • 10 minutes on the elliptical
And you know what? Just about all of it felt good. Granted, not as good as it should be feeling in a month, but my leg is feeling much better since Friday's workout. I must have started breaking down some scar tissue or something, because the leg hurts a lot less and has much more flexibility. It still hurts, so I'm still taking it easy, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. And I'm feeling good.

Sleeping in tomorrow... next workout is on Wednesday.

No comments: