Tuesday, May 20, 2008

It Didn't Suck

Or, "If You Think My Shorts Are Tight..."

Last night was my first-ever yoga class. I'm not even sure what I was expecting, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. The teacher was a total hippie, which was interesting. It started with some relaxation, which was a nice way to start the class... some quiet music, the teacher spritzing some supposedly pretty-smelling stuff into the air, and lots of quiet. I almost fell asleep.

I liked that part.

After that, I guess we got into the more stretching part of the day, and this was a bit... difficult. Lana said that I was doing well, but I couldn't help but notice that I was not *nearly* as flexible as most of the people in the room. Yes, it was my first time, but dang! These folks ain't natural!

At this point, I can't say that I have a "favorite" position, but I do have several least favorites. Basically, anything involving my hamstrings is going to be awfully high on the list of "Poses That Suck". It's pretty obvious at this point that my hamstrings, as well as my calves, are very tight.

To go along with that, it's also painfully (and I chose that word carefully) obvious that I really should continue on with yoga. I may try again tomorrow, or it may have to wait a week, but yes, I will go back.

Oh, and thank God there were other guys in the class. That made me feel much better.

1 comment:

holowahini said...

I was very proud of you! I thought you did really well. :o)