Thursday, May 29, 2008

Catching Up

Wow. It's been waaaay too long since I posted, and Lana hasn't even tried to get the blogosphere to yell at me yet. Something must be up. Are y'all getting ready to throw me a surprise party or something?

It's OK. You can tell me.

Fine. I'll make sure to act surprised. But in the meantime, let me mention what all I've been up to, and try to keep it relatively short.

Wednesday, 5/21
Went to my second yoga class, ever. And this one was way different from the first one. The instructor wasn't nearly as much of a hippie chick (hugs were not mandatory on our way out), and the work was much harder! I was hurting for a while after this one. Plus, she kept telling us to stretch our chest and "breathe in the space". Huh? You can't breathe in space. There's no oxygen there. Nutjob yoga teachers...

Oh, and I had a run that morning, too. It sucked. It was hot.

Thursday, 5/22
Nothing at all. It was awesome.

Friday, 5/23
Skipped out of work early and headed to the local bar. Tried some good beer. Figured we would start our weekend of eating terribly off right. Left the bar and headed up to the UVA/FSU baseball game during the ACC Championship Series at the fabled Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville. Ate more. Cursed the powers that be for making college games dry. It's just not right. Don't they know how boring baseball is without beer?

Oh, and I twisted my knee at one point during the work day. Then I rolled my ankle that night in the parking lot.

Saturday, 5/24
Got up and went for a run. It was really hot, but it was only 10AM this time, not noon. Still, it was a great run. And now I'm worried that I have to be hurt to run well. I really hope that isn't the case...

Then, we headed over to my folks' house in Panama City Beach, FL. It's a long, boring drive, but it's always worth it to head out there and see them. This is actually the first time I've been out there during the tourist season, so it was interesting. And they have a local outdoor mall that's recently been finished, and it's pretty cool. Ended up having much beer, and then German food... with a 1-litre Hofbrau Maibock.

Oy.

Sunday, 5/25
Ouch. That was way too much to drink. Got up, went to church, went to breakfast, and ate a *ton*. Then we went to a Cajun festival... do *not* attend a Cajun festival when you are too full to eat anything, and too hungover to appreciate very loud zydeco music. It's a bad combo.

That night, we decided to just eat at the house, because, of *course* we can eat healthy. So we had bacon-wrapped scallops, boiled shrimp, and red beans and rice. Oh, and deviled eggs, just because my dad's deviled eggs are the best ever.

Monday, 5/26
Memorial Day. Got up and went for a run around PCB... or at least from my parents' place to the Wyndham and back. It was hot... I was slow... It was terrible. I ran the full first mile before a walk break, but I ended up on 1/1 ratio because it was so miserable. Bad.

After that, we got to visit the park where Dad volunteers (Camp Helen), and then we headed home. It was a great weekend, but my folks are not diet-friendly. At all.

Tuesday, 5/27
Decided to actually go to the gym and cross-train for once. Rode the bike, did some lifting, and then rode the bike some more. Pretty uneventful, except that I haven't been to the gym in so long, I forgot what weights I use for lifting.

Wednesday, 5/28
Apparently, I should be using less weight than I did on Tuesday. I'm a little sore. Thank God I didn't work my legs, since I've got a run this morning. It was actually nice and cool (only about 70F), so things were feeling pretty good. But I did run a bit out of steam at the end. I really need to do something about my really poor running in the morning. Maybe it's whatever I'm eating, or has something to do with my hydration, or my lack of being totally awake, but there's something going on there.

Thursday, 5/29
Seriously, it's been this long since I posted anything? Wow. You guys must hate me. In any case, I'm sitting at work right now, getting ready to head to the gym for my next round of cross training (i.e., bike and lifting). Today, I'll focus more on legs (no run tomorrow), and hopefully, I won't be in too much pain tomorrow morning.

I'll let you know in another week and a half.

No comments: