Monday, October 1, 2007

War Damn Eagle!

Yes, I know that once again, it has been a mighty long time since I posted, well, anything at all.

And it's not really because I have nothing to say. I just don't have any bloody time to say it!

In the last few weeks, I have been given the lead on a new project at work, but unfortunately, my old duties still exist, as well. Needless to say, my running during the week has gone to pretty much nothing.

But the important thing (for now) is that my weekend long runs have been continuing, albeit at a pretty dang slow pace. This past weekend... 12 miles. And it was the longest run of my life.

No, really. My previous longest run was 8 miles. And I learned something.

Twelve hurts.

On the plus side. my leg has been feeling fantastic! I'm definitely ready at this point to get back to some good running. Hopefully, I'll be able to hit the gym tomorrow (there's a Nor'easter tearing through the area right now, so running outside is somewhat less than optimal). And this weekend is the next race in my fall series... the Disney Race for the Taste 10K. Stay tuned for more info, and hopefully pictures!

Oh, and the title? If you're not keeping up with college football this year, Auburn upset Florida in the closing seconds this past weekend, and we were in The Swamp watching it happen. My wife went to Auburn, so I've become quite a fan. It was probably the second most exciting game I've ever seen (see UVA-FSU '95).

No comments: