Thursday, August 2, 2007

Shin update

When I got home last night, I iced my shin and took some Advil. And it seemed to help. At the very least, a pain reliever should relieve pain, right? I'm not sure if the icing did much, though, except to numb my leg for a little while.

Today I'm taking things very easy. I'm still taking Advil, and resting my leg as much as possible. However, it doesn't feel like every other time I've gotten shin splints. Right now, it just feels more like a sore muscle. And any pain I have is on the outside of my leg, rather than the inside where most of my shin problems had happened in the past (although I haven't had any problems for years).

Right now, I'm just going to go ahead with rest. Tonight, I'm going to use the heating pad to get some more blood flow there. Tomorrow... we'll tackle that when I get there.

Thanks for the advice, Chuck and Tom!

1 comment:

Obi-Run Kenobi said...

Hey Bill, I stumbled across your blog through the Complete Running website. It seems like you and I are in the same boat. I just started running regularly in June and have been building my endurance slowly. I'm not doing the Jeff Galloway plan, but I hope to be ready for a marathon by the end of the winter.

Anyway, keep up the good work and keep dragging yourself out of bed in the morning. It's almost impossible for me!

Check out my blog, if you're so inclined.

www.baltimorerunningproject.blogspot.com