Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Deep Tissue Distress

Last night, I got my first-ever deep tissue massage. If you have never done this before, by all means, please do not read the rest of this entry -- it may scar you for life. However, if you have had deep tissue assault done to you at some point in the past, please chime in and let me know just how much better it gets.

I work in an office, sitting at a computer, writing code all day long. Occasionally, I have to get up and walk down the hall for a meeting (or to play foosball), but my workday is pretty much sedentary. I also apparently have pretty bad posture, based on the fact that my back and shoulders are generally very tight, along with the "Oh, Good Lord!" scream that my masseuse let out when she got to my back and shoulders. I, of course, let her know of all the parts of my body that were strictly verboten, including my left shin and the area surrounding my surgery scar. Oddly enough, those are the only spots on my body that do not hurt this morning.

From what I hear, at some point either tonight or tomorrow, as long as I keep drinking lots of water, everything just releases and it feels awesome. I sure hope so. Right now, I just feel like a walking bruise.

Needless to say, there was no cross training this morning.

Ouch.

1 comment:

Tom@RunnersLounge said...

Sounds like an indulgence to loosen all those muscles. Let us know if you get that rush of muscle relaxation.