Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Welcome!

Well, every blog needs that starter who-I-am-and-why-should-you-read-this-crap post. So... here's mine.

I'm Bill, I'm 34 years old, live in Jacksonville, FL, and I am a beginning runner. I have run several 5Ks in the past, but not quickly... my best official time is 32 minutes, although I can now go faster than that in my training runs. I also ran a 5 miler in 55 minutes in February. But I have signed up for a bunch of races in the near future, and this will be my outlet for talking about the training involved. And what brought on the desire for a training output? Well, tonight I signed up for an official training program so that I can run the National Marathon to Fight Breast Cancer in Jacksonville Beach, FL next February (http://www.breastcancermarathon.com).

So, what other runs do I have coming up in the near future?
  • June 16: Race for the Pies
  • August 4: Tour de Pain
  • September 15: Beaches 10 Miler
  • October 7: Disney Race for the Taste 10k
  • January 13: Disney Half Marathon
  • And, of course, February 17: Breast Cancer Marathon

So, here is part of my workout logging, and some therapy. Hopefully, somebody out there will enjoy some of the stories I can tell, and I'm hoping I can learn something else from those who have come before me!

Thanks!

No comments: