Friday, May 18, 2007

One other thing

Just FYI, it'll be a few days before I have workouts worth writing about. I'm having surgery done on my leg next week (not anything big... the doctor said I should be on crutches for a few days, but that's it). And while I am bound and determined to get back to running as soon as I can, I'm also going to make very sure that I don't try to go too fast for full recovery.

So, there's another added wrinkle. Chances are, I won't be breaking that 30 minute mark in the 5k I have coming up on June 16th, but that's fine. Honestly, at that point, I'll be happy just to do it!

So, any advice for making sure that I don't come back too quickly?

2 comments:

TrailRunner said...

So, don't want to over do your recovery? I've been chafing at the bit for 9 weeks now, post knee surgery (patellar realignment). So my advice, since you asked, is be more conservative than your doctor. For every day you overdo it, you pay back 3 in extended rehab. So, it is definitely worth it to be ever so patient!

Bill said...

Yikes!! Nine weeks? That must be rough! I'll certainly do my best to not overdo anything. I've that that problem in the past, and it never ends up well. I just hope it won't take nine weeks!

Thanks for the advice! I'll let you know how everything goes.