Monday, April 14, 2008

Weekend Running

Saturday was absolutely beautiful here in North Florida... but a tad warm (about 87 degrees). And with my folks coming into town, both Lana and I decided that the time before they showed up could be much better spent getting the house in order. And hitting the driving range -- which was fun, but showed that any game I had last year (which was none) has completely gone away. It may even be negative now. I kept finding balls on the ground behind me... I may have been hitting backwards without even noticing it.

Sunday, we woke up bright and early and ready to run, and found out -- after we had gotten ready, mind you -- that it was pouring down rain. And it continued to pour down rain all morning. So, we headed off to church, and then off to brunch, at which point the rain had pretty much stopped. The only problem is that when my folks come to visit, well, we don't starve. So, a food coma and some watching of the Masters later, we finally got started running.

4.03 miles in 41:00. I was hoping to keep it below 10:00/mi, but it wasn't all *that* bad.

I don't know if I mentioned it earlier, but we're about to go on a cruise to Key West and Cozumel, leaving Miami on Thursday. I'm definitely bringing running gear, and would love to go for a run in Cozumel, but I'm also going to bring the Garmin and make sure to wear it as I'm running around the track in the boat... and to see if it works plotting the running course in MapMyRun. That should be interesting.

But mostly, I just can't wait for the cruise.

No comments: