Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Trainus Interruptus

Yesterday morning, I decided to sleep in after staying up to watch the Comedy Central Roast of Bob Saget (Jeffrey Ross is H-I-Larious), so I ended up going on my run last night. It was 82 degrees outside, and just starting to sprinkle, so the humidity was off the charts. Still, I managed to get 3.5 miles in in 32:52, so it was good. One part that I especially enjoyed was that I tricked myself -- the first part of the run was pretty tough, so I told myself that I would walk when I got to the half mile mark. Then the Garmin beeped, and I just kept on running, and the funny part is that things felt *much* better after that! I'd heard of using that trick before (I think I read it in one of Jeff Galloway's books), but this was the first time I actually remember trying it.

In any case, it looks like tomorrow's run may not be happening. And probably not gonna happen on Thursday either. Or Friday for that matter. If you've been watching the Weather Channel, you know that Tropical Storm Fay has decided to make the entire Florida peninsula her home for the next few days. Well, here's the current chart from the National Hurricane Center:

Edit: The picture got updated, so now it's showing people in the other parts of the state getting rain. Trust me, when I posted it here, it showed a line directly over Jacksonville.

See that part up in the orange section (the Tropical Storm Watch area)? The part that has the storm just kinda hanging out for Thursday and Friday?

That's where I live.

And I don't really want to run in galoshes.

No comments: