Monday, March 31, 2008

New Shoes

Over the weekend, I went out to our local running store, 1st Place Sports in Jacksonville Beach, and picked me up a few items:
  • New socks (specially made for the overpronator, whatever that means)
  • A knee wrap... my left knee has been giving me some problems lately, so I'm going to test this out this eventing.
  • NEW SHOES!!!
I love getting new shoes. There's all the excitement that this one won't have the shortcomings of my previous shoes... there's still lots of life left in them, so I'm not retiring the old shoes just yet, but they have so much room in the toe box that my feet slide around too much. So, the new shoes are:

Brooks Adrenaline GTS 8

And, oddly enough, they look *just* like the picture in the link above.

The interesting part is that I've been wearing size 10.5 - 11 for years now. And when the very helpful staff measured my feet, they came out at 11.5. And what's even stranger than that, when I tried on the 11.5 shoes, they were too tight -- I had to move up to 12! And that wasn't just the Brooks -- that was with New Balance and Saucony, too.

I wonder if I'm melting into my feet or something.

But, in any case, I have wonderful new shoes that are just itching to be tested -- so I'm going to do that tonight! Stay tuned for the results of my first run.

No comments: